Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Being Patient for grandmas Arrival

So I was with the kids at one of my favorite cocoa beach restaurants with the kids and I got a call from my mom.   When she called me, the first thing she wanted to talk about was coming to visit me.  I love her don't get me wrong.  But every time she comes to visit me she ends up taking over the house.  For me I am not quite sure the best way to deal with this.  Now my wife thinks I should just help her find the right hotel on the beach.   I know she would enjoy that Idea.  But I am not sure how to tell her.  That I would rather her stay at a hotel, then at my house.  Now if she was to stay at a hotel.  It would be much easier to enjoy her.  Because I wouldn't feel pressured to entertain her every day.  But when I did see her, we would be more present together because it wasn't an every day experience.  The funny thing is...that as I write this I am starting to get some ideas about how I can tell here where she should stay.  

Now there are a lot of fun things to do in cocoa beach even if we aren't spending time with here.  So I don't think she could ever get board by staying at a hotel instead of my house.  So anyway, I really do look forward to her coming to visit me.  I just know that it will be a better experience. 

1 comment: